Friday, August 12, 2011

Dante's Schilling

Notes: Of all my stories, this is a favorite, because it's based on a favorite. This is a bastardized modern-day homage to the story of Faust, who makes a deal with the devil. The literary devices that are present are clumsy weapons, but I hope I wield them well...in truth I fought myself long and hard about going back and rewriting a big portion of this. It's a young man's story, and though not too much time has past, the thirty-three year old husband and father of two writing this doesn't have much in common with the nineteen year old narcotics enthusiast that wrote this, and as Uncle Stevie said, paraphrased of course, is that to rewrite that nineteen year old boy's story would be to deny him, and I just can't do that, because he got me where I am today.